1. Lyla is our new cat, who we adopted five weeks ago.
2. She’s 11 years old, and has been a bit sickly, so we’ve treated her to a series of immune-system boosting treatments as well as a dental operation that removed 13 teeth. She has not been impressed by this.
3. Despite being in pain, she’s been an adorable companion, though doesn’t really get the concept of sharing desk space yet.
4. She gets all shy when she’s sleeping…
5. And is generally completely adorable. Welcome, Lyla! Long may your reign over my desk continue.